Saturday, February 7, 2015

Some more photos.

This is a funerary urn from Monte Alban.  There's an opening in the back to put ashes of the person who's been cremated.  You can see his face under the mask of the jaguar (which looks more like a pig to me). 


More funerary urns.

Big tree at Monte Alban
  
I loved this guy.  He was selling stuff and we started to talk.  He used to work in the US and hated it.  We agreed that life in the US is not as good as life in Mexico, keeping in mind that most people just don't have a choice. 


Here's a restaurant I ate at called Casa Oaxaca.  A bit upscale and pretty good.  
 A Mescalini - mescal with passion fruit.  It was really good but I still think that mescal tastes a bit like stinky feet.

Oops, these are a bit out of order.  This is a woman who I bought some stuff from in the market.  I asked if I could take her photo and she didn't mind. 

You see this a lot.  A son holding his mother's hand as they cross the street.  His head got cut off - I took the picture quickly - but he's a young guy.  So sweet.

My entree.  Lamb chops.

Gotta go.  My flight is landing in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment