Monday, February 2, 2015

Had breakfast at the hotel - fresh fruit, fresh juice (pineapple with celery and parsley!), eggs and beans, then walked down into town.  I went to the market where they sell homemade art.  I can't think how to say that in English but it's artesania.  After buying some goodies I poked into the big food market.  I'm going to go back there for lunch in a bit and to look for some chiles to bring back. 

Walking home I stopped at a coffee shop near my hotel to refuel.  I talked with an older man from Toronto who spends the winters here.  

Here are some photos I took on the street.  I'm a bit shy about taking out my camera and capturing the people and the place.  (It feels so colonialistic to me, like I'm fetishizing them as beautiful objects for our consumption.)  But, I do hope to get some shots in the market because it's so amazing and full of beautiful food. 




 This means "deep wells."

 Here's my hotel. 
 Lots of great street art here.

 The roof terrace near my room


No comments:

Post a Comment