Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I made it to San Miguel.  Just arrived after a 5 hour bus ride.  The buses here are great.  Internet connection (although slow), a selection of movies, games, and music and they give you a snack and a drink when you board.  The choice was a crispy creme donut or an empanada.  I took the empanada and it was good.

I spent the morning waiting for Sasha to wire me money because my debit card was not allowing me to withdraw cash.  After walking to three different places I finally was able to get some cash and RELAX.  I was tired (the altitude, I think) so I took the subway back and I asked a woman which direction I should take to get back to the Zocalo.  She told me but then came running after me because she had told me the wrong way!  I came back to the hotel and took a shower and went out for a stroll. 

Saw a wonderful exhibit of scupture by an English woman who married a Mexican and came to live  here.  I met a nice older gentleman who knew all about her and we looked at the exhibit together.   Then, I went to the Templo Mayor, the ruins of a temple that the mean Spaniards made the locals tear down so they could use the stones to build the cathedral.  It was amazing to walk around the ruins and the museum was beautiful.

I had some lunch then got a taxi to the bus station.

I was expecting to not like Mexico City as much as I did.  There's a nice vibe, people are nice and very helpful, there is a lot to see and I've never felt worried or scared.

I'm looking forward to checking out San Miguel and hoping it's not too full of hipsters!

Here are some pics from Mexico City.  








































No comments:

Post a Comment